Experienced Denver Attorney
Stutheit & Gartland, P.C., cares if our clients reach their objectives at a fair cost. We litigate without fear, but are sensitive to the need for cost-effective solutions.
Please see the Attorney Profiles tab for more detailed information about Brian Stutheit.
Contact us by phone at 303-321-3017.
Attorney Brian K. Stutheit is a lawyer with approximately thirty years experience. He is AV Preeminent* rated under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system. This is the best rating possible from surveys of other lawyers and judges. It is the resource lawyers use to evaluate other lawyers. Click on the American Registry icon for a video.
Specialty areas of practice and strong experience are:
- Car crashes, slip and fall – Brian Stutheit in the past represented State Farm Insurance and Auto Owners insurance companies, so he knows how the auto insurance claims business works.
- Construction law and litigation - We represent property owners, contractors, tradesmen, suppliers, architects and engineers. We have experience in mechanics liens, construction defect litigation, property damage disputes, water and sewer back ups, construction contract drafting and review, homeowners insurance law, liability insurance for contractors, real estate seller fraud and failure to disclose, realtor fraud and malpractice, trespass and boundary disputes, construction plan and design negligence, construction warranties. Rated by two magazines among Denver’s top construction attorneys.
- Employment law - We represent employees only in discrimination claims, sexual harassment, breach of contract, pregnancy rights. We represent both employers and employees in wage claims and non-compete issues. Brian Stutheit was interviewed in 2014 by The Atlantic magazine about one of his pregnancy discrimination verdicts. Full service unemployment law representation for both employees and employers. See below.
- Life insurance – We represent beneficiaries who have claims denied, claims delayed, or when coverage is in doubt.
- Probate, estate administration, probate litigation, wills and powers of attorney - For fees well below market rates, we write wills, real estate beneficiary deeds, financial and healthcare powers of attorney. We petition for and oppose appointment of guardians and conservators. For more than 25 years Brian Stutheit has done probate trial work including undue influence, will contests, trust disputes, conflicts about inheritance rights, lawsuits for breach of fiduciary duty and abuse of power of attorney, creditor claims. We open probate estates and help executors to manage decedents estates.
- Property Insurance and Homeowner Insurance law - Helping homeowners and contractors with insurance claims and property damage problems. We deal with insurance adjusters and help to property owners and contractors get what their damages deserve. We protect homeowners against shady contractors. We help homeowners get what they are entitled under warranties.
- Unemployment - Unemployment hearings and appeals for both employers and employees. Defense of overpayment problems and audits. We represent employers charged with failure to withhold unemployment taxes. We have done approximately one hundred hearings and appeals. Fees do not exceed a fixed price.
Contact us to discuss your issue. Our office is located in Littleton, Colorado, near the intersection of Ken Caryl Avenue and C-470. We don’t charge you for calling to ask about your case. We accept all credit cards.