Experienced Denver Attorney
Denver Lawyer Cares About His Clients
” Thank you very much for your help regarding my claim. Your focus and professionalism towards my case made me feel confident and secure that my case was a valid one. You took your time explaining the process and the attention you gave to my individual case made me feel as if you took my situation personal. You are very knowledgeable in your profession and I would refer you to anyone who was in need of legal services…”
At Stutheit & Gartland, P.C., we care if our clients reach their objectives at a fair cost. We aim for attentive service focused on client goals, strong advocacy of clients’ interests, and sensitivity to costs. We litigate without fear, but explore cost-effective alternatives with you.
Please see the Attorney Profiles tab for more detailed information about Brian Stutheit.
Contact us by phone at 303-321-3017.
Attorney Brian K. Stutheit is AV Preeminent* rated under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system. This is the best rating possible from surveys of other lawyers and judges. An AV rating serves as an objective indicator that a lawyer has the highest ethical standards and professional ability.
Patrick Gartland no longer plays an active role in the firm, but out of respect for his contributions, his name remains. Pat is both an attorney and an engineer.
We find solutions for clients needing counsel with:
- Car crashes, slip and fall - We have successfully sued hotels, grocery stores, restaurants and the government for falls. Brian Stutheit in the past represented State Farm Insurance and Auto Owners insurance companies, so he knows how the insurance industry works.
- Construction law and litigation - We represent property owners, contractors, trades, architects and engineers. We have experience in these areas: mechanics liens, construction defect litigation, fire loss and water damage, construction contract drafting and review, homeowners insurance law, liability insurance for contractors, real estate seller fraud and failure to disclose, realtor fraud and malpractice, trespass and boundary defects, construction design negligence issues, construction warranties. Rated by two magazines among Denver’s top construction attorneys.
- Employment law - We represent workers in age, race, gender, national origin and religious discrimination claims, sexual harassment, breach of contract, pregnancy rights, disabled employee rights. We represent both employers and employees as to failure to pay wage claims, severance agreements, and noncompete contracts. Full service unemployment representation. See below.
- Life insurance - We represent beneficiaries who have claims denied, claims delayed, or when coverage is in doubt. We also represent beneficiaries of accidental death insurance policies.
- Probate, estate administration, probate litigation and wills - For fees below market rates, we write wills, real estate beneficiary deeds, financial and healthcare powers of attorney. We petition for and oppose appointment of guardians and conservators. For many years we have done probate trial work including undue influence, will contests, trust disputes, protecting inheritance rights of children, partners, and spouses, lawsuits for breach of fiduciary duty and abuse of power of attorney. We open probate estates and help to transfer assets. We represent creditors who have claims against estates.
- Property Insurance and Homeowner Insurance law - Helping homeowners and contractors with insurance claims and property damage problems. We deal with insurance adjusters and help to settle claims. We protect homeowners against shady contractors and uncooperative insurance adjusters.
- Social Security disability - Applications and appeals. Autism, Aspergers, organ failure, all other physical or mental disabilities. No fees are due unless the client receives benefits.
- Unemployment - Hearings and appeals for both employers and employees on eligibility. Appeals and hearings regarding overpayment problems and audits. Representing employers charged with failure to withhold unemployment taxes. We think our results and prices are as good as any lawyers in Colorado.
Contact us to discuss your issue. Our office is located in Littleton, Colorado, near the intersection of Ken Caryl Avenue and C-470. We offer hourly rates, hourly rates that do not exceed a fixed amount no matter how much work we do, and contingent fee arrangements. Initial evaluations are usually free or at a discounted rate. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.