Phone: (303) 321-3017
“I am so thankful he was on my side.” Rhiannon
Brian K. Stutheit is an attorney in the Denver area. His office is in Littleton (Ken Caryl). Brian Stutheit has more than thirty years experience as an attorney. Mr. Stutheit knows the law, knows the way law operates in the real world, cares about doing high-quality work, is resourceful, responsive and provides real value for his services. He won’t recommend or bill for work he doesn’t believe will benefit the client. He does not fear or avoid hard work, does not fear or avoid conflict (yet does not seek it out), does not fear or capitulate to other lawyers, and he has the courage to be honest with his own clients.
Mr. Stutheit is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, which means other Colorado attorneys recognize him for the highest levels of legal skill and integrity.
He was listed by The American Lawyer as one of Colorado’s best construction lawyers. He has been interviewed frequently on Colorado Public Radio about unemployment law, and was interviewed in The Atlantic magazine about winning a pregnancy discrimination case. He is a contributing author to West Publishing’s COLORADO CIVIL PROCEDURE FORMS AND COMMENTARY.
See client reviews at:
1998 to Present. Founding partner, Stutheit & Gartland, P.C.
The firm and Mr. Stutheit handle all aspects of construction law. This includes construction defects, drafting and review of construction, remodeling and repair contracts, property insurance issues, real estate fraud or failure to disclose, and mechanics liens on real property. In all these areas, Mr. Stutheit represents both owners and contractors, buyers and sellers.
Mr. Stutheit’s other areas of practice are estate planning, wills, trusts and powers of attorney, probate of decedent estates, guardianships, conservatorships, will contests and probate disputes, and unemployment law. He has participated in more than 120 unemployment appeals. He also advises about employment separation agreements, severance pay and non-compete contracts.
- Multi-Unit Construction Defect Litigation – Integrity Builders group
- Accident Liability Investigation and Resolution -American Moving and Storage Association
- A Walk Through A Case Gone Wrong – Colorado Claims Managers Council
- “Sexual Misconduct Claims Against People in Positions of Authority” – Professional Information Exchange
- Real estate broker obligations and clandestine drug labs. Presented to Boulder Area Realtor Association
- Fire-related Litigation- Colorado Claims Managers Council
- all Colorado state courts, from county court through the Colorado Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Texas (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Juris Doctor
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Littleton High School, Littleton, Colorado