Phone: (303) 321-3017
Brian K Stutheit is an accomplished attorney with approximately thirty years experience. Mr. Stutheit is soft spoken, but has a knack for persuasion. He is comfortable and strong in court or mediation, but not afraid to be a responsible attorney and tell a client when compromise is better than wasted attorney fees. Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, which means other Colorado attorneys recognize him for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
He was listed by Denver Magazine and The American Lawyer as one of Colorado’s best construction lawyers. He has been interviewed by Colorado Public Radio about unemployment law, and was interviewed in The Atlantic magazine about one of his pregnancy discrimination cases.
1998 to Present. Founding partner, Stutheit & Gartland, P.C.
Qualified by experience and education to handle all aspects of construction law and lien matters, employment litigation, estate administration, will contests or probate fights, auto accidents, slip and fall cases, dog bites, real estate including fraud and failure to disclose litigation, and all aspects of unemployment law.
Before 1998 Brian Stutheit & Pat Gartland were partners at Montgomery Little & Soran in Greenwood Village, Colorado. This was a law firm of over 25 attorneys. Mr. Stutheit’s practice emphasized defense of construction defect and personal injury lawsuits. His mentor, Roy Montogomery, was one of Denver’s best known probate attorneys. Mr. Stutheit handled all the firm’s probate and trust litigation.
- Multi-Unit Construction Defect Litigation – Integrity Builders group
- Accident Liability Investigation and Resolution -American Moving and Storage Association
- A Walk Through A Case Gone Wrong – Colorado Claims Managers Council
- “Sexual Misconduct Claims Against People in Positions of Authority” – Professional Information Exchange
- Real estate broker obligations and clandestine drug labs. Presented to Boulder Area Realtor Association
- Fire-related Litigation- Colorado Claims Managers Council
- Colorado state courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Texas (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Juris Doctor
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Littleton High School, Littleton, Colorado