Phone: (303) 321-3017
Brian K Stutheit is an accomplished attorney with approximately thirty years experience. Mr. Stutheit is soft spoken, but has a knack for persuasion. He is comfortable and strong in court or mediation, but not afraid to do the job of an attorney and tell a client when compromise is better than wasted attorney fees. Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, which means other Colorado attorneys recognize him for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
He was listed by Denver Magazine and The American Lawyer as one of Colorado’s best construction lawyers. He has been interviewed by Colorado Public Radio about unemployment law, and by The Atlantic magazine about one of his pregnancy discrimination cases.
1998 to Present. Founding partner, Stutheit & Gartland, P.C.
Qualified by experience and education to handle all aspects of construction law and lien matters, employment litigation, estate administration, will contests or probate fights, auto accidents, slip and fall cases, dog bites, real estate including fraud and failure to disclose litigation, and all aspects of unemployment law.
Before 1998 Brian Stutheit & Pat Gartland were partners at Montgomery Little & McGrew, P.C. (Now Montgomery Little & Soran) in Greenwood Village, Colorado. This was a law firm of over 25 attorneys. Mr. Stutheit’s practice emphasized defense of construction defect and auto accident lawsuits, personal injury claims, and hospital malpractice litigation. Mr. Stutheit also handled all the firm’s probate and trust litigation.
- Multi-Unit Construction Defect Litigation – Integrity Builders group
- Accident Liability Investigation and Resolution -American Moving and Storage Association
- A Walk Through A Case Gone Wrong – Colorado Claims Managers Council
- “Sexual Misconduct Claims Against People in Positions of Authority” – Professional Information Exchange
- Real estate broker obligations and clandestine drug labs. Presented to Boulder Area Realtor Association
- Fire-related Litigation- Colorado Claims Managers Council
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- Texas (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Juris Doctor
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Littleton High School, Littleton, Colorado
Based on client recommendations, Brian Stutheit was placed in Best’s Directories Of Recommended Insurance Attorneys, specializing in construction defects and representation of contractors and engineers. He has a specialty in unemployment appeals. In a 2015 decision reported in law books, he successfully