Phone: (303) 321-3017
“I am so thankful he was on my side.” Rhiannon, 2018
Brian K. Stutheit is an attorney in the Denver area. His office is in Littleton (Ken Caryl). Brian K Stutheit has more than thirty years experience as an attorney. Mr. Stutheit knows the law, knows the practice of law, cares about doing and does high-quality work, is resourceful, is responsive and provides real value for the money he charges his clients. He won’t recommend work he doesn’t believe will benefit the client. He does not fear or avoid hard work, does not fear or avoid conflict (yet does not seek it out), does not fear or capitulate to other lawyers, and does not fear his own clients, i.e., he is willing to be honest with clients.
Mr. Stutheit is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, which means other Colorado attorneys recognize him for the highest levels of legal skill and integrity.
He was listed by Denver Magazine and The American Lawyer as one of Colorado’s best construction lawyers. He has been interviewed on Colorado Public Radio about unemployment law, and was interviewed in The Atlantic magazine about winning a pregnancy discrimination case. He is a contributing author to West Group’s COLORADO CIVIL PROCEDURE FORMS AND COMMENTARY.
1998 to Present. Founding partner, Stutheit & Gartland, P.C.
The firm and Mr. Stutheit handle all aspects of construction law. This includes construction defects, drafting and review of construction, remodeling and repair contracts, real estate fraud and lien matters.
Mr. Stutheit’s other areas of practice are estate planning such as wills, trusts and powers of attorney, probate, guardianships, will contests and probate disputes, real estate, personal injury with a focus on food poisoning and slip and fall cases, and unemployment law.
Before 1998 Brian Stutheit & Pat Gartland were partners at Montgomery Little & Soran in Greenwood Village, Colorado. This was a law firm of over 25 attorneys. Mr. Stutheit’s practice emphasized defense of construction defect and personal injury lawsuits. His mentor, Roy Montogomery, was one of Denver’s best known probate attorneys.
- Multi-Unit Construction Defect Litigation – Integrity Builders group
- Accident Liability Investigation and Resolution -American Moving and Storage Association
- A Walk Through A Case Gone Wrong – Colorado Claims Managers Council
- “Sexual Misconduct Claims Against People in Positions of Authority” – Professional Information Exchange
- Real estate broker obligations and clandestine drug labs. Presented to Boulder Area Realtor Association
- Fire-related Litigation- Colorado Claims Managers Council
- all Colorado state courts
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Texas (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Juris Doctor
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
- Littleton High School, Littleton, Colorado