Employment Law Attorneys in Littleton Colorado
Cases We’ve Handled Successfully
- Employer doctors changed their nurse from a salaried employee to an hourly employee when the nurse became ill, in order to avoid providing her health benefits.
- Water district hired a plant manager. He moved to take the job, then the District changed its mind about hiring him.
- The supervisor thought it was funny to keep sending a religious employee unwanted pornography.
- The supervisor told the employee she just cannot trust Iranians.
- The boss refused to pay final wages and commissions based on trumped up charges of theft.
- The male company owners told their pregnant manager that she was not welcome back after her child arrived, because she would be distracted by the baby.
- the owner of a hair salon for men sexually harassed his employee
Stutheit & Gartland, P.C., represents employees in discrimination, breach of contract and unpaid wage disputes.
Stutheit & Gartland, P.C. is committed to finding quick resolutions and making sure you understand your rights and options. We take a proactive approach to proving your claims and protecting your rights and your livelihood. Your claims for discrimination are subject to strict time limits by law, so Contact our office in Littleton, Colorado, now, to arrange a consultation.
Employment Law Work We Do:
- Discrimination, sexual harassment: We vigorously advocate on behalf of people who have been unlawfully discriminated against in the workplace based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We know the Colorado Civil Rights Division and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. We guard workers’ rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Colorado Civil Rights Act and federal anti-discrimination laws. If you have been subjected to sexual harassment, abuse or outrageous conduct at the workplace, we press for your protection and advise as to your rights. If you are pregnant, the law gives you protection.
- Employment agreements: We will negotiate employment contracts and advise you as to your rights and obligations. We enforce broken promises by the employer, from agreements made at hiring to promises of promotion, to wrongful discharge in violation of policies and employee manuals. A verbal agreement is still an enforceable agreement, but you need a lawyer’s help to prove existence of the agreement.
- Unpaid wages and overtime: – We help our clients understand and enforce their rights under various state and federal laws. We provide skilled guidance on issues related to employer’s obligations and employee rights to wages, overtime and other benefits.
- Non compete agreements, proprietary information disputes– What client information may you use at your next job? Can the employer enforce a covenant against competition? We protect you against contracts you may regret later, and defend allegations you breached the employment agreement.
- Retaliation: for filing a charge of discrimination, participating in an investigation, or opposing discriminatory practices, or making workers compensation claims.
- Severance agreements: negotiation and review
- Unemployment Insurance: we represent both employers and employees.
TIPS: A summary of U.S. anti-discrimination law is at http://www.eeoc.gov/facts.
Feel you are the victim of discrimination? Do not just quit your job. The employer’s best defense to a discrimination lawsuit is that you did not give it an opportunity to investigate and resolve your problem. Talk to a lawyer before you take drastic action.
We are recognized experts in unemployment law.
Contact us for your initial consultation regarding your employment law matter. We offer fixed or flat fee, hourly and contingent fee arrangements, depending on the case.